Are you looking for the MailChimp affiliate program? They have one! We have some good and some bad news though! Let’s start with the bad news: MailChimp doesn’t offer an affiliate program where you can earn commission on sales, make a profit and redeem the cash. MailChimp does have an affiliate program that let’s you earn MailChimp credits. This is called the MonkeyRewards program. If you use Mailchimp yourself, you can refer others through an affiliate link or with a “MonkeyRewards badge” in your email campaigns.
MailChimp’s MonkeyRewards Program
If you use MailChimp then you can participate in the MonkeyRewards program by adding a “MonkeyRewards badge” in the footer of your campaigns. Every time you refer a new paying customer through your campaigns, MailChimp will credit your account with $30 that you can spend on MailChimp subscriptions for yourself. You can access the MonkeyRewards program from your dashboard once you’re logged in to MailChimp.
MailChimp Affiliate Link
You can also generate an affiliate link for the MonkeyRewards program in your dashboard. This way you can add the link to your emails or website manually.
Warning: You might want to stay away from MailChimp for Affiliate Marketing
According to MailChimp some industries have higher-than-average abuse complaints. For this reason they don’t allow businesses that offer these types of services:
- Affiliate marketing
- Work from home, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
MailChimp allows you to use affiliate links for their own product (and other products within the Acceptable Use Policy), but you can’t use it of your site or email list is focused on affiliate marketing.
MailChimp Affiliate Advantages
- It’s a good product with a great reputation, so it’s quite easy to sell.
- $30 per sale is a nice payout considering MailChimps pricing starts at $9.99 per month.
MailChimp Affiliate Disadvantages
- You can only earn credits that you can spend on MailChimp. It’s not possible to cash out, thus the earning potential is limited to your own spendings only.
- MailChimp isn’t keen on customers from the Affiliate Marketing industry.
- Distributing their affiliate link on banner ad networks without their permission is prohibited.
MailChimps Affiliate Program Conclusion
We have used MailChimp in the past and it’s a great product. However, if you want to promote them there are two things to consider. 1. Their terms don’t allow business in affiliate marketing. 2. You can only earn MailChimp credits, no real money, so the earning potentials are very limited. Our recommendation is to go for the affiliate programs of similar products if you want to earn money.